Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Dirt On Hair

What's the dirt on hair? It seems that there are always a dozen different answers to one small question about your do. Not to mention a dozen products recommended to fix your hair troubles. How many times have you bought an expensive product from your hairdresser only to bring it home, not knowing how to use it, and just end up storing it under the sink to collect dust? How about getting a great cut and style only to know that as soon as you go home and wash it, it will never look the same? In this blog I'm going to give you the low down, the REAL deal, on how to know what you need and how to actually achieve your desired style without wasting your money on products you don't need.

I'm a licensed and experienced cosmetologist. I run my own business and my clients like me not only because I make them feel great, but also because I'm informative and NOT pushy when it comes to upkeep. I started this blog because the public is terribly misinformed on what is best for their hair. Magazines, commercials, and unfortunately some uneducated stylists fill your brain with so much info on what's best that all the hairspray in the world couldn't cloud your understanding any more on how to maintain your mop. I tell all my clients the same thing. There are only three products that are a necessity for your hair. Shampoo, conditioner, and a light gloss for the ends. Anything more than that is strictly preference. You want volume? Add a volumizing spray or mousse. Need to keep the flyaways in place? A light pomade or hairspray will help.

I know how you feel as the consumer. I don't know the first thing about skin care, so when I want a cleanser that will moisturize my skin and keep the wrinkles from coming, walking into Sephora is dizzying! Which product do I choose? This esthetician recommends this cleanser, then the next one recommends a completely different one. And why should I trust them? How do I know that they're not just trying to make their commission quota? It's so easy to walk out of Sephora, walk into CVS, spend $8 on Clean and Clear and worry about it later.

Your business keeps my business going. So I'm going to give you the dirt on real style from a real stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment